User-Friendly Concepts, Tools, and Techniques for TransformationSarah Jayne
My Top Recommendations for Depression Self-Help:
- Weekly Psychotherapy, Counselling, some kind of group where you are able to express your feelings.
- Mindfulness Meditation.
- Exercise. At least 3x per week, 20 minutes or more at a time. (Increased frequency and duration is even better). Cardiovascular activity is preferable. (See you doctor if you have any health concerns before starting any physical exercise routine). Martial Arts are one of the best mind/body methods for depression self-help.
- Structure and Routine-We are creatures of habit, depression can leave you feeling unmotivated, ensuring that you go to bed the same time, get up the same time can help. Think about activities that you can do daily or weekly that you can achieve on a consist basis.
- Sunlight – an hour of direct sun exposure every day if available (morning sun is the best as light therapy). Mid-day sun is also good for Vitamin D production.
- Regular human contact. Avoid social isolation.
- Talk to your doctor or nutritionist about your nutritional needs. Ask about vitamin B12 Also B6 and B3 and Folic Acid, and Vitamin D levels.
- Talk to your doctor or nutritionist about a good natural supplement for maximizing optimal functioning and circulation for the brain.
- Good nutrition: pure foods – organic food whenever possible; minimal sugar, caffeine and preservatives. Avoid alcohol and drugs. Alcohol is a depressant.
- Ask your doctor or local health shop about Fish Oil as a source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Keep a Journal write for yourself, not for anyone else. Don’t worry about how it looks, just write what comes without filtering or editing anything. Daily journaling is highly recommended.
- Techniques for depression self-help that you can practice easily on your own.
- Information on how to use Kinesiology techniques, EFT tapping to change your emotional state and eliminate symptoms of depression naturally.
- Education about depression, personal growth and healing.
- Groups such as my guided mindfulness meditation and Workshops. You can access many guided meditations on the web.
- Links to interesting and original alternative health products and technologies.